CURLEW COUNTRY – invitation to tender for fox control contract
Wednesday January 11th, 2017 | Stephanie
CURLEW COUNTRY – Shropshire Hills and Welsh Marches Curlew Recovery Project
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR FOX CONTROL CONTRACT
Deadline for applications Wednesday 8th February.
A covering letter and CV together with an example risk assessment suitable to be used in conjunction with the work will be required for the application.
- The contractor will be required to work in an effective, competent, safe and humane manner
- Applicants must have DSC1 or other relevant shooting skills training
- Applicants will be required to hold a valid Firearms Certificate with ‘open condition’ with suitable calibre (.22 centrefire upwards)
- Suitable professional level insurance is required (not recreational cover)
- The applicant must have the ability to keep meticulous records
- The applicant must be willing to undertake training where required
- The applicant must have a sound understanding of fox biology and behaviour
- The ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with stakeholders is essential.
- The successful applicant needs to have their own foxing equipment and a suitable vehicle and vehicle equipment.
- Applicant must have a good knowledge of shooting and wildlife legislation
- The contractor will strictly adhere to government codes of best practice
- A confidentiality agreement will be required
- Candidate must have a full driving licence
- Suitable remuneration package available
For fuller information please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org leaving the following information: Full name and address, landline and mobile telephone numbers, business name and email address.
Control is targeted to specific sites within the Scheme area (map below of Scheme area), where we are working closely with landowners and existing operators.