In the development phase, Project Coordinators, Joy Howells and Helen Fairweather (job share), were appointed to complete 12-months of development work (funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund) which led up to submission of a Landscape Conservation Action Plan [LCAP] in December 2012 (the detailed Delivery Plan).
This work included:
- Confirming the make-up of the Landscape Partnership and the roles and commitment of its members.
- Carrying out consultation with a wide range of individuals, groups and organisations about their wishes for the Scheme.
- Consulting on and confirming the Scheme boundary.
- Carrying out and managing research about the project area.
- Developing, writing and submitting the LCAP document (the detailed Delivery Plan).
During the development year Joy and Helen heard from many people about their ideas for the Scheme – which all fed into the planning of projects and activities for the Delivery Stage. We also tried to address any concerns people might have about this Scheme and what it might mean for the area.